Monday, October 24, 2016

Fort Worth StockYards

On Thursday October 14, I met up with a former coworker from the USDA down in Forth Worth at the stock yards. The stock yards are pretty cool. I got to window shop at a lot of fun different stores. There was one spice store with more varieties than I could have imagined. It was a lot of fun being able to smell the different flavors. We also tried different flavors of jerky and salsas. I had a lot of fun playing a tourist. Twice a day they run the long horn cattle down town. It was pretty cool to see the cattle up close. They also had places where you could ride one but I opted out of that. Guy and I plan on going there later this fall.













They have a sign on the wall that tells you what the job is of the cowboy/cowgirl on the horse next to the cattle but I don't remember what they all did. I know the front cowboy is the leader and so he leads the cattle. Some of the people on the side provide a flank but I didn't find the sign until after the drive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment