Sunday, October 2, 2016

Finn Update

Finn at 5 months
I thought I would post a few photos and update of how Finn's been growing the last few weeks. At the end of September he officially turned 5 months old!

Favorite food: Anything! If he can get it in his mouth he will. Some favorites include: dog food, worms, sticks, sweet potatoes, veggies, bacon.
Things I know: Sit, stay (Still working on this), come (getting better), down, high five, shake, find mom or dad, leave it, carry things, go into my kennel on command
I sleep: all the time! We're entering a growth spurt
I love: To chase my ball but not bring it back, walk, and carry the mail in
Weight: 30 lbs!
Height: 18 inches (about halfway to my full height).
Coat: He's starting to loose his puppy coat and his adult coat is coming in. It's longer across his spine and on his back legs but still short on his sides. It should take about two years for the coat to grow in. We're not sure how long it's going to be but it seems to be getting longer still and his white markings seem to be thickening up since he was a puppy.

He's officially lost all of his puppy teeth! The last one fell out about a week ago. All of the adult teeth have broken through and he's loving to chew on antlers, bones, and carrots.

Another tooth out!
The past few weeks his right ear had been bothering him. I would clean it out and within 48 hours it was filled with discharge and gross stuff. I called the vet and took him in the other day. Turns out the ear drum was pretty inflamed and swollen. We started antibiotics and I think he's beginning to feel better.

We try and take him with to whatever activity we're off to since he doesn't like being left alone. Finn especially hates it if he has to stay with dad when I leave.



Finn lays by the table during dinner.

Finn learning to swim...he'd rather lick the salt water off mom

The weather is cooler so he enjoys laying in the grass/weeds on his back
He likes to be close...so he's often underfoot as I clean
Getting tall enough to look at what's on the counter (bacon)
First time disc golfing
Laying on mom while we watch General Conference
When he's really hot he lays down to drink 
We sure love how much fun we've had with him.

1 comment: