Monday, October 24, 2016

Allison's 25th Birthday

Blowing out the candles. 
On October 17th I celebrated my 25th birthday. Guy was still in an outage that day so he left for work at 4 am that morning. When he got home we had dinner, cake and presents. Finn was my big birthday present so he was included in all of the photos even though we got him in July. For dinner we had chicken fajitas. For my cake, Guy made me a german chocolate cake. The Friday after my birthday Guy had off as part of his 980 so we went disc golfing, to lunch at a sandwich place and test drove the new Honda Ridgeline. We both decided that the Ridgeline will be our next vehicle purchase but it will be a few years before we get it. The truck we drove though had 12 miles on it so it was pretty fun driving a BRAND new car.

For my birthday a few of Guy's coworkers came over to cake so that Guy and I didn't have to eat it all by ourselves. For my gifts I got a new running shirt, running shoes (I needed them bad), socks, the new Nicholas Sparks book, cards from various loved ones, birthday money (going to my running shorts), and a bonsi tree with an encyclopedia. Oh and of course Finn! My only concern with my bonsi tree was that it was shipped via Amazon and I'm not the best with plants so I'm hoping it survives.

It was a nice day overall a little warm though. Feels weird to have a 90 degree day in October for my birthday... it was nice though being able to relax and have fun celebrating.


Bonsi Tree
I really needed new shoes...

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you were able to do some fun things for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete