Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Walt Disney World Race Weekend 2017

For the past 2 years my family has participated in the Walt Disney World Race weekend in January. The first year my family did it; I wasn't invited and they ran the half marathon. Last year I participated and did the half marathon while my dad and Rachel did the Dopey challenge. This year Guy and I are both participating.


Image result for disney world marathon weekend 2017
Guy and my mom will be doing the half marathon (13.1 miles). This works out nicely for both of them because Guy will be able to spend a little more time seeing Disney World and riding the rides in the park with my mom. Also, this is the 20th year of the half marathon so it's bound to have a few extra things to it!

I decided to take the plunge and run the Dopey Challenge with my dad, Rachel and Keith. Basically this means that the four of us are running a 5k, 10k, half marathon and marathon in a weekend. This isn't counting any additional miles you walk in the park. 

Today officially begins my training for the run. Guy's calendar begins in September. Wish us luck as we start logging the big miles! If anyone wants to join us there are still spots open for the Dopey Challenge (48.6 miles) the Goofy Challenge (half marathong +marathon) or the regular marathon. Fair warning...it's a little pricey...


Disney here we come!



1 comment: