Sunday, June 12, 2016

April Adventures

We spent most of April working on the paper work for the house. A few highlights from the month.

At the beginning of the month I made homemade cinnamon rolls for the first time. I thought it would be a nice treat to enjoy as we watched General Conference. Guy informed me that he loves cinnamon rolls and that they're one of his favorite foods. In the 3 years we've been married he had never shared that fact or asked me to make them.... My first attempt at them didn't look as pretty. The rolls didn't rise like I was hoping they would. However they were pretty good!

A few days later we found out that our bikes had been stolen! Guy's single speed and my mountain bike were locked out by our car. We found the locks cut and the bikes gone. We contacted the police but first of all we hadn't registered them so the police weren't too optimistic. We have renters insurance so we contemplated filing a claim but everything I read on line said that if you file a claim with USAA they can use that against you when you try to get a homeowners policy. Since we were trying to get a homeowners policy and figured the bikes were a good decade old we just cut our losses. I still look around town in case they happen to turn up. They're both pretty rare bikes. Mine is the only one in the city and the only other one like Guy's is in red and owned by someone in Gilbert.

I finished my woodbadge in the middle of April. I was hoping that Guy would finish his woodbadge shortly after so we could do our beading ceremony about the same time. We're still waiting for Guy to get the rest of his stuff but supposedly everything is already done for it. I also got the den leader of the year award. I wasn't at the district dinner to receive it but I picked it up at the following roundtable. It was pretty exciting to get it. I didn't know it was coming.

One of the things I wanted to do while living in Iowa was go back to Tulip time. We didn't get a chance to since tulip time was the same weekend of Guy's college graduation. So we compromised and went to Reiman Gardens to see the tulips. It was pretty great because they also have the lego exhibit going on so we go to check out the new creations. We enjoyed guessing how many legs were used in each piece. Here are a few of the ones we really liked.




Guy and I have been trying to branch out on our recipes and try a few different things. We're hoping to spend more time grilling once we get to Texas. For dinner I picked up one of those Weber seasoning packets. We didn't go over and grill since we were low on propane instead I just roasted it in the oven. It was lemon chicken with roasted asparagus and potatoes. It tasted REALLY good. We added it to our collection of quick and easy recipes. I learned about roasting more vegetables at a RS activity the previous month so we've been trying to eat more veggies and try them roasted. So far we've enjoyed it. 


The other big and exciting adventure we had in April was my nephews birth. Calvin Brian Sheahan was born on April 25. This is my sister and her husband who've been married almost a year. We're glad things went smoothly and some day Guy and I hope to meet him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment