Monday, June 15, 2015

Shoe adventure and a ball game!


The last few weeks my Tevas have really been killing my heels when I wear them. I've been looking for the last couple weeks about replacing them but I was torn between reordering a similar
Old Teavas

Teva to the one I had or switching to keen sandals. I tried on the Tevas at a few different stores but I wasn't sure if they were the right size or not. I tried on a pair of keens but they were the wrong size so it didn't help in my decision any.

On Saturday since we were already going shoe shopping we decided to stop at Jax while we were out and just see what they had. When we drove up we noticed that they were having a sale on keens. While Guy looked around I picked up my new cub scout book that I needed and then went to the shoes.

New Keens
I tried on several different pairs and styles of Tevas as well as Keens. In walking in both of them I decided that the Keens were more comfortable than the current models of Tevas that were there. The keens also were closed toe which makes them pass BSA requirements, and helps me since I'm a little clumsy.  I also liked how it provided more protection and seemed sturdier than the women's tevas.
Guy's Keens


Guy had also been talking about getting sandals to wear instead of his flip flops. He wasn't a big fan of how the very open style seemed to look and wasn't very flattering on him. Teva makes a closed toe version for men, but he wasn't sold on the quality. I convinced him to try the same model of Keen I was wearing and sold on (I was just trying to decide color...).  He was a little worried about how high the strap seems to come on his ankle bone but he decided to go with them. So far he reports that he like them, but his arc hurt walking so he things they just need to be broken in a little more.


Later that night we had some friends with extra tickets to an I-cubs game. The company he works for had their annual company night at the game so tickets included dinner. The couple we went have 4 kids, but there kids didn't want to go to the game so they invited anyone who was interested.

For dinner we had hotdogs or hamburgers, chips, potato salad and soda to drink. The meal was good, but I would have liked if they would have had included water or lemonade to drink ( I'm not much of a soda drinker).
Sky Socks in the outfield

The I-cubs played the Colorado Springs Sky Socks so it was fun talking with my mom about how "her team" was doing. Our seats were to the right of home plate and we didn't really have anybody else in our row.

Highlights from the game:
1. The people behind us caught a t-shirt from the t-shirt gun. (Little jealous)
2. There were 3 fowl balls that landed in the stands in the concession pit right behind us, with a few of them being pretty scary
3. The play of the game us during the bottom of the 8th inning. I-cubs were up to bat. We had someone on 1st and 2nd with one out. Our next player at bat hits a double. So everyone takes off in their respective directions. The person on 2nd rounds third and makes it half way to home before he sees that the catcher has the ball in his hand and is waiting. So he turns around and decides to head back to 3rd. But the player from our team that was originally on 1st is now standing on third, so he tries to run back to second, but the player who hit the double is now standing on second.  It resulted in a lot of deer in the headlight look and the 3rd baseman for the Sky Socks tagging both runners out and thus ending that inning.
4. Weather was gorgeous at the game and the bugs weren't bad at all.
5. I-cubs lost 4-1




Our first man on base (turned out to be the only run scored)

Striking out the Sky Socks

No comments:

Post a Comment