Monday, June 15, 2015

Trip to Omaha

The last weekend of May our ward had its annual Ward Temple Trip to the Winter Quarters Temple. We participated in the 10 am endowment session followed by the 12 pm sealing session. We didn't have very many people from our ward in our session, but I think that may have been since the youth baptism session wasn't until 3.

We left the temple at about 2 pm and were starving! We had some friends tell us about an ice cream shop downtown that makes all of the ice cream on site. (Store name is Ted and Wally's) They make 10 flavors or so a day. It was a little steeper than we necessarily wanted to spend on it but I thought it was worth it. Guy got mint chocolate chip, but thought they put too much artificial mint flavoring in it. I chose a dutch chocolate ice cream. I thought it was good but a little too much chocolate for my liking.

We went to a park that was on the way back towards the temple to eat the rest of the lunch we had packed. It was a cute park. It had a playground, a water park/splash pad thing, and was right next to a golf course with a walking trail around it. The day turned out to be a really nice day. I was glad we were able to go do a temple session together.
Image
This is a picture I found online of the ice cream makers in the store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment