Monday, October 30, 2017

Last trip to COS

Immediate family (minus Katie, Brian, Calvin)
At the end of September we made one last trip to Colorado Springs for my dad's promotion to Major General. It was a
crazy weekend. Guy finished and outage Thursday night and then we drove all night arriving early Friday morning. After a few hours of sleep Guy went to go pick my brother up from Denver. While he was gone, the rest of us worked to set up the church building for the promotion. The ceremony was nice we had most of my family in attendance. Guy's aunt Pam is serving a mission in my parents' ward so it was fun to be able to see her and Doug. They came to dinner Friday night at my parents house.

Friday night we were able to let the rest of my family know that baby Lasley is a boy. They were all excited!
Aunt Pam, Guy, Uncle Doug

At the Denver temple
Saturday we went to Denver as a family for my brother to receive his endowment. It's the only time the entire family (minus Katie) have been together in the temple. It was a really neat experience. After we went to lunch to celebrate. When we got home, my grandma took us to Joann's to pick out some fabric for a quilt for our little guy. Saturday night the women went to the World Wide LDS broadcast. It was fun to have 3.5 generations in attendance (2 babies in attendance but not born yet).

Sunday was a typical Sunday. My sister and brother in law left earlier that day. Guy and I stayed an extra day and went to church with my parents. That night the ward threw a going away party for my parents. It was a nice event and we got to use some of the left over food from the activity.

Monday morning we helped my mom clean out the garage a little before we left for Texas. My parents ended up moving back to Virginia the following week.

Here are some additional photos from the promotion:






Adding the new rank on

No comments:

Post a Comment