Sunday, October 22, 2017

June's Update


Before we painted
Around Memorial Day my mom was able to come out and spend the weekend with us. One of the things we did was participate with the youth service project through Habitat for Humanity. We helped their organization paint a home for a family. There was a pretty good turnout at the activity. It only took us about 2 hours to get 90% of the house painted. Afterwards the Habitat workers finished painting up by the roof. Someone from our ward brought hot dogs afterwards. We had an impromptu picnic in the yard.





At the end of the month I flew to Utah to help my grandparents clean out my great-grandma's house. It was a busy weekend. We had a lot of stuff to go through. It was great to be able to look back and see all the family memories of the things she had kept. I loved being able to read through the family journals and seeing some of the stuff from my great-grandparents siblings. I also saw some stuff from my great-great-grandparents. Got to love looking through all the family history items.

No comments:

Post a Comment