Sunday, October 11, 2015

Birthday Board

For the past few weeks I've really wanted to make a birthday board that lays out when everyone's birthday is. Guy has 8 siblings and most all of them are married and have kids. This has resulted in a need for a better way to keep track of which birthdays are in which month. Since I was making one for us, I decided to also make one for my parents and one for Guy's mother. We color coordinated everything.

Taylor/Lasley family:
Guy holding the board for his mom
black: grandparents
white: parents
blue: immediate children
yellow: in laws
green: children (Guy's idea..blue and yellow make green)
red: anniversary of marriages

For Guy and I we used a little different color scheme.

black: grandparents
white: parents
silver: Guy and I
orange: his siblings
purple: his in-laws
red: my siblings
Our board
yellow: my in-laws
blue: my nieces and nephews
green: his nieces and nephews.

We wrote everyone's birth year on the back of the circles as well so we could figure out how old everyone is turning. Fun fact: since making this board we've found out that several other siblings are pregnant and will need to add 3 circles.

It only took a couple of hours for the whole project. And we spent less on making 3 then it would have cost us to order 1. Guy was great about drilling the holes in the circles and hearts and trimming the metal hooks down. I did the rest of it.

My parents with their board
We gave mine to my parents when we went to Colorado earlier this year, and Guy took his mom's to Dan and Rachel's wedding. Both of our parents seem to enjoy having them.
























No comments:

Post a Comment