Sunday, July 31, 2016

Last Ames Adventures

This is the last week that we will be living in Ames! It's crazy with how much time has flown by. I've spent 12 years of my life (6 as a kid and 6 as an adult) living here. It's kinda weird to think that in 6 days we will officially be done and out.

This week (on Tuesday) Guy and I officially checked out of our "first" home together. It was pretty sad cleaning out and finishing the last of that process. Our apartment seems smaller now that it's empty than it did when we had it full. Karen Paxton, Lara Mortensen and my grandmother came over and helped get the last few minute things done in the cleaning process. I was grateful they were willing to come over and help clean.

The last few weeks especially I've been trying to take in the last of the unique activities in Ames. I've taken Finn up to Ada Hayden Heritage Park a lot. I've enjoyed running on the trail around the park and I know Finn's enjoyed the people around the park.

This week we also went to the Farmer's market downtown. Finn was the hit of the town! We met another family with a female black Tri Australian Shepherd. Their puppy is four months old however Finn was probably 2-3 inches taller and longer than theirs and he is 13 weeks. I have a feeling he's going to be a good size dog. Both of his parents are rather large shepherds so it doesn't surprise me.

Last night we went to a dog play night/going away party for me with some former (and one current) coworker. One former coworker has an australian shepherd/laborador mix and the other just adopted a mutt from the animal shelter. The shepherd/lab mix Finn wasn't a huge fan of, but I think it was mostly because she was annoyed with him. However the smaller adopted dog, Finn loved! He enjoyed chasing her constantly around the yard. She also let him pounce on her. Pouncing is one of Finn's favorite activities! As the dogs played, we say around and chatted. It was nice catching up with the former coworkers about what all has been going on with them and in my old lab. It's kinda weird to thing that Friday is my last day of work!

This week will be a little crazy for me as I wrap up the last of the things that I need to at work. Finn hopefully, won't be too crazy this week before we get to Texas.

This is a video of Finn and Juniper chasing each other. This is right before we left so he's a little worn out. He's been asleep (Sunday) pretty much all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment