Sunday, July 12, 2015

LDS Girls Camp

The last weekend of June I was able to go with the teenage girls from our church to camp. Overall the camp had a great turnout. There were about 130 girls at the camp that week. Our congregation (ward) had 13 girls attend camp. The girls that were ages 16 and 17 ran the camp for the most part. I think they did an excellent job! I know several of the younger girls commented how much of a blast they had. 
The theme for camp was embark in the service of God with all your heart, might, mind and strength. One part that didn't go so well was the fact that we had a girl get hurt on Wednesday during game night. Her hand was pretty swollen but she wanted to stick it out, especially since there was really only 1 day left of camp. I agreed to let her stay. I found out Monday, that she ended up breaking her ring finger bone in her palm! Oh well, she was definitely a trooper. She now has an awesome orange cast to remember camp! 



No comments:

Post a Comment