Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring?

The last few weeks the weather has been gorgeous! We tried out the grill we got from the Jensen family. Guy's getting pretty good at it. He said the hard part has been learning where the hotspots are. So far, we've grilled steak and and chicken. Both turned out excellent! 

Grilled Chicken breasts!

This week is spring break for the university and on Monday it was 82!! It was so nice! It was also get a free small ice cream at Dairy Queen. We walked to DQ for our ice cream cone and then spent a relaxing evening at home without homework! 

We've had kind of a laid back last two weeks. Last weekend I went to do a session at the Winter Quarters Temple. I picked up a bike for a coworker since the store was in Council Bluffs and it ended up being 10 miles from the temple. 
The bike I brought back for my coworker, Duane
Another view of the bridge
The sweet bridge I crossed in Council Bluffs

This last weekend for our date, Guy and I went shooting. We learned a few things. First, my arms have gotten stronger so my shot is getting a little better; second my gun is too big for my hands. I shot a few rounds with Guy's carry pistol and I was doing better grip wise. Third, I need more practice. We had fun. Guy did great...and I eventually got a bullseye. Afterwards, we went to a bonfire at the Maughn's. There were several families there and we ended up staying until after midnight chatting. 

The nice weather has been pretty refreshing and has helped provide the little break that we've both needed. 


My bulls eye and other holes. Guy had all the clustered
 looking shots on the plates. 



No comments:

Post a Comment