Sunday, December 20, 2015

October Catchup

Time got away from me so now I will be playing catch up and summarizing what happened the last quarter of the year.

October-

October 17th was my 24th birthday. The day before I ran 6.5 miles as part of my training for my half marathon. I was pretty tired after that so we kept it a little low key. My birthday was one of the first cooler days of the year. Guy and I went trail bike riding in the morning then came back and I rested and then we went to meet Paul Fenton and family and Kristen and Scott Radke for Jeff's pizza and a little tailgating before the Iowa State football game. They played TCU and lost 45-21. Guy helped me make my birthday cake. I had a butterfinger ice cream cake.  We watched the game on TV and then just relaxed at home. We went a few weeks later to Biaggi's in DSM to celebrate.

Later that month I was still feeling pretty tired and lethargic.  My lymph nodes in my neck were also pretty swollen. I went to the doctor a few days after my birthday and she thought it was just a viral infection. So I went home but I still wasn't feeling any better and pretty tired. I went back to the doctor the Wednesday before Halloween. We found out what was making me sick....mononucleosis. Not so fun to have. I can still feel some of the effects of the mono. I've found I get sick easier and it hits me harder when I do have it.

The last Wednesday of October we went to our ward's trunk or treat. We didn't dress up since it was pretty cold out. Guy helped pass out candy with Matt Burnham while I walked around with Veronica Burnham and their 2 boys, Jackson and Mavrick. Jackson was dressed as Baymax from Big Hero 6. Mavrick was Fredzilla also from the movie.

Halloween was pretty low speed. We stayed in and watched a movie, we didn't see too many trick or treaters out and I was still pretty tired and wiped.

No comments:

Post a Comment