Sunday, January 25, 2015

MLK Weekend

Since last Monday was Martin Luther King Jr. day, Guy and I didn't have school or work. We decided to head to Waterloo and spend time with Morgan, Melissa and family. We left Sunday afternoon and got there early enough that we could chat and eat dinner together and play a game.

Monday morning I went for a 2.5 mile run, while Morgan and Melissa made pancakes for breakfast. After breakfast Morgan, Guy and I went shooting. They both said I'm getting better but I think I still need a lot of practice and a little more muscle to keep my gun steady. While we were shooting the wind really picked up. It was suppose to be fairly nice and warm over the weekend but it wasn't feeling like it. As we were heading home, Morgan pointed out that it was snowing! We changed the day's plan so instead of disc golfing we planned to go bowling.

After a pizza lunch we left for bowling, but it would be a couple of hours until we could get two side by side lanes so the kids could be on one as the adults were on the other. So we talked and Melissa suggested we go see what was playing at the theater. The two options were Night at the museum and Paddington. Eli and Josh picked Paddington. I was surprised, it was more funny than I thought it would be!

We left for Ames shortly after the movie but we had a lot of fun spending a relaxing weekend with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment